The UK Deed Poll Office

Fitting In

Those coming to live in the UK from foreign countries may want to anglicise names on CVs and other documents. This is not an illegal practice, if its only purpose is to make foreign names easier to pronounce. Often, to formalise this arrangement, people may go on to change their name by Deed Poll.

Anglicising one’s name typically involves transliterating the name into English, so that it is easier for others to pronounce. Fore example Davidoski may become David or Davis.

Share |

Related Pages:

Other Pages in this Section


Live Chat

Need Help? Chat Online with The UK Deed Poll Office London Ltd.

Click here to start talking

Contact Us

Tel: 0203 318 0245