The UK Deed Poll Office

How do I change the name on my driving licence?

Most people choosing to change their names by Deed Poll will have a UK driving licence and therefore they will need to have this re-issued in their new name.

This guide explains what you need to do in order to receive a replacement driving licence in your new name.

What you need to do:

You will need to obtain form D1 'order for a driving licence' available from the DVLA form ordering service or from any Post Office® branch. The DVLA online form ordering service can be found at:

Once you have obtained and completed the form you will need to send it to the address below along with your Deed Poll and both your photo driving licence and paper counterpart.

All completed orders should be returned to:

SA99 1BN

General Notes

The DVLA will aim to deliver your new driving licence to you within three weeks of receiving your order however it can take longer if they have to check your health or personal details.

Please note there is no charge for a replacement driving licence unless your photograph's due for renewal.

Share |

Related Pages:

Quick Select


Live Chat

Need Help? Chat Online with The UK Deed Poll Office London Ltd.

Click here to start talking

Contact Us

Tel: 0203 318 0245