The UK Deed Poll Office

Name Change upon Adoption (Children)

When a child is adopted, the adoptive birth certificate will show the child’s surname as that of the adopting family. The adoptive birth certificate is sufficient documentary evidence of the name change and therefore it will be accepted by all government departments, companies and organisations.

However, if you wish to change the child's fore and middle names then a Change of Name Deed Poll will be required which can be obtained from the Deed Poll order page.

Share |

Related Pages:

Quick Select


Live Chat

Need Help? Chat Online with The UK Deed Poll Office London Ltd.

Click here to start talking

Contact Us

Tel: 0203 318 0245