The UK Deed Poll Office

Name Change upon Marriage (Men)

The rules regarding a man’s right to change his name upon marriage are very similar to the rights of a woman.

Although traditionally a man does not change his surname upon marriage, he can do so if he so wishes. But a Change of Name Deed Poll will be required in the following cirumstances below:

  • Use his current surname as new middle name
  • Combine his surname with that of her partners to form a double-barrelled name
  • Mesh the surnames together to a form a new name

If you wish to use any of the above options then you will need a Deed Poll except in the case of combining your surnames to form a double-barrelled surname whereby your marriage certificate will be accepted by government organisations i.e. HM Passport Office but often financial institutions such as banks will still require a Deed Poll for this purpose.

Share |

Related Pages:

Quick Select


Live Chat

Need Help? Chat Online with The UK Deed Poll Office London Ltd.

Click here to start talking

Contact Us

Tel: 0203 318 0245