The UK Deed Poll Office

Useful Contacts

You can contact us on: 0203 318 0245 with any query you may have about changing your name by Deed Poll. If your query relates directly to a specific service, i.e. the DVLA, then you may find the following information of use:

HM Passport Office

HM Passport Office will be able to handle any query you have that relates directly to their service, i.e. costs, methods of application etc.

You may also find the answer you need on our 'How do I change the name on my passport' page.

Telephone: 0300 222 0000


The DVLA can assist you with questions relating directly to their service, in particular costs etc.

You may also find the answer you need on our 'How do I change the name on my driving licence' page.

Telephone: 0330 790 6801

National Archives

The National Archives may hold a record of the persons' name change you are searching for. They have extensive records dating back many years. However, please note that this is only applicable for Deeds which have been 'enrolled'.

You may also like to read our 'Can I trace a person's name change' page.

Telephone: 020 8876 3444

London Gazette

You can also search the archives of the London Gazette online, if a name change has been 'enrolled' then a notice would have been published in the London Gazette.

General Register Office

If you have a query relating to birth certificates then you should contact the General Register Office. Please note, an adult birth certificate cannot be changed (England & Wales), and that of a childs (under one years old) can only be amended in special circumstances. Please see can I change my birth certificate for more info.

Telephone: 0300 123 1837

Live Chat

Need Help? Chat Online with The UK Deed Poll Office London Ltd.

Click here to start talking

Contact Us

Tel: 0203 318 0245