How do I change the name on my title Deeds?

If you own land or property then you will need to change your name on the title deeds. In this guide, we explain the process you need to follow and provide details of who you should contact. Please note this page is intended to help our customers when changing their names by Deed Poll, we are not HM Land Registry.

Updating your name on the Land Registry’s register is not only a legal requirement of signing your Deed Poll but it is also important to ensure you receive any letters that they may send, for example, if someone has made an application which affects your interest.

In order to change your name on the Land Registry’s register and the title deeds for your land or property, you will need to send your original Deed Poll (not a photocopy – they will return any original sent to them), together with application form AP1, stating the nature of the application as Change of Name. You can contact the Land Registry on:

0844 892 1111
(Mon – Fri, 8am-6pm)

Form AP1 can be downloaded from:

Related Pages:

Follow us on social Media

About Us

Our efficient, guaranteed service is available throughout the UK.

Contact Us

Phone :


Opening Hours :

Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm