Name Change upon Civil Partnership

If you have formed a civil partnership then your civil partnership certificate will be sufficient documentary evidence to change your surname to your partner’s with relevant record holders (bank, DVLA etc).

If you wish to form a double-barrelled surname then your civil partnership certificate will also be accepted by all UK government departments but other institutions, for example, banks may require a Deed Poll for this purpose, if in doubt please ask the company in question.

If two women form a civil partnership and one or both of them would like to change their titles to Mrs then this can be done by Deed Poll (change of title only).

Related Pages

Follow us on social Media

About Us

Our efficient, guaranteed service is available throughout the UK.

Contact Us

Phone :


Opening Hours :

Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm