Name Change upon Separation Women

If you have separated from your partner then there is no need to wait for your divorce (if applicable) to be finalised before reverting to your maiden name. You can revert to your maiden name using a Change of Name Deed Poll.

This will not affect any divorce proceedings which may follow or any on-going proceedings, which you may be involved in, but you must inform your ex partner’s solicitor of your name change.

At the same time, you can revert your title from Mrs to Miss and change the names of any children, although in the case of your children’s names, you will need to obtain consent from all others that have parental consent for said children (normally the children’s father).

Related Pages

Follow us on social Media

About Us

We're one of the two main Deed Poll providers. Our efficient, guaranteed service is available throughout the UK and tens of thousands of people change their names with us each year.

Contact Us

Phone :


Opening Hours :

Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm