Other Reasons

Other Reasons

The Self Employed and Name Change
Self employed people can continue to trade under their former name, as they can be recorded as (new name) trading as (old name) for all matters related to their business.

Civil partnership
Where a civil partnership has been formed, then production of the civil partnership certificate is valid for a name change in the same way as a marriage certificate is. In a civil partnership between two women if one wishes to change her name to Mrs a Deed Poll will be required.

Name Change After Adoption
Adoptive birth certificates show the child’s surname as that of the adoptive family. This document is sufficient as evidence of name change and is accepted by all Government departments and organisations. If however, a change of the child’s forename, or middle name is proposed, then this will require a Change of Name Deed Poll.

Deed Poll and Death
Women who have been widowed can change their name back to their maiden name by sending her husband’s Death Certificate and the Marriage Certificate as documentary evidence of the facts.

Related Pages:

Follow us on social Media

About Us

We're one of the two main Deed Poll providers. Our efficient, guaranteed service is available throughout the UK and tens of thousands of people change their names with us each year.

Contact Us

Phone :


Opening Hours :

Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm