Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
You indicate acceptance of these terms and conditions of service by making an application on our website (The UK Deed Poll Office (London) Ltd). These terms and conditions will not be varied for individual customers.
These terms are governed by the Laws of England & Wales. If any of these terms are deemed unenforceable then the remaining terms shall remain in effect.
- 1.0 These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- 2.0 We reserve the right at our discretion not to accept any application. If we do not supply service for any reason, we will not charge you and we will refund any money already paid. We will not compensate you for any other loss, which you may suffer if we do not supply service.
- 3.0 To protect your privacy we will not distribute your details to third parties, unless required to do so by law.
- 4.0 You must ensure that all information you provide is true and accurate. You agree to check the confirmation email to ensure that the details you entered are correct. If you do not receive the confirmation email, you agree to notify us immediately. If you make a mistake and we have not processed the application then we will amend the application without charge.
- 5.0 The ‘30 Day Money Back Guarantee’ covers the acceptance of the deed poll documentation that we provide by UK companies, organisations and government departments.
- 5.1 In the event that your deed poll documentation is not accepted, we will provide a refund, but only after we have spoken with the organisation concerned to verify the reason for non-acceptance and had the opportunity to resolve any misunderstanding.
- 5.2 The guarantee does not apply in the following circumstances; where the deed poll documentation has been signed/witnessed incorrectly, it is not accepted by any party outside of the UK, if you are not a UK resident, the child consent requirements have not been met, the new name is deemed to be frivolous or inappropriate by a government department, or proof is required that the new name is being used for all purposes.
- 6.0 All documentation will be sent by first class post. The documentation will normally be delivered within 1-4 working days. In exceptional circumstances, this may change but notice will be provided via our website. We will not be liable for any delays caused by the client providing details which require further checks, or failures arising from the postal system.
- 7.0 In the event that your documentation does not arrive after 14 working days, we will resend the documentation free of charge – this is the limit of our liability. You must notify us within 28 days of making the application. If you notify us of outside of 28 days then a resend fee of £8 will be payable.
- 8.0 In the event that we make a mistake, we will provide a free replacement, which will be dispatched within 1-2 working days. You must notify us within 28 days of receipt. We have made a mistake if there is an error on your deed poll and the details do not match the confirmation email.
- 9.0 If you make a mistake, you must notify us within 28 days of receipt. You have made a mistake if there is an error on your deed poll and the details match the confirmation email. A replacement will be supplied and a fee of £8 will be payable.
- 10.0 If you return your Deed poll documentation to us in error then you may incur a £6 admin fee.
- 11.0 If you wish to cancel your application, you must notify us immediately as we are unable to cancel applications that have already been processed. Under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 all Deed Poll applications are considered custom and therefore the statutory 14 day return period does not apply.
- 12.0 The fee for the DigitalArchive Service is £2.95. If this option is selected, you can order copies at a later date. The first copy, per request, will cost £6 (per reference number). If you request more than one copy (as a single request) then each copy will cost £3.75.
Follow us on social Media
We're one of the two main Deed Poll providers. Our efficient, guaranteed service is available throughout the UK and tens of thousands of people change their names with us each year.