Divorce can be a catalyst for seeking to change a name by Deed Poll where a child is to be brought up by a new partner, perhaps where the child’s biological parent has lost touch, and his or her name is changed to that of a new partner. In the case of divorce it is not uncommon for a woman to wish to revert to her maiden name or another name to escape the unpleasant connotations of her former married name.

A Decree Absolute and Marriage Certificate can be produced and used as documentary evidence when reverting to a maiden name after divorce. Change of Name Deed Poll may still be required however.

Where a divorced woman has dealt with a bank or other institution before marriage, may not need to send on the Decree Absolute , or Marriage Certificate if the bank, for instance, still has their maiden name on file.

Title changes from Mrs to Ms may also be made in the case of a pre-separation. Children’s names can be changed via Deed Poll as long as parental consent is obtained.

Related Pages:

Follow us on social Media

About Us

We're one of the two main Deed Poll providers. Our efficient, guaranteed service is available throughout the UK and tens of thousands of people change their names with us each year.

Contact Us

Phone :


Opening Hours :

Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm